Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Google Blogger Frustrations

SO, after two days of struggling with Google Blogging tool I have learned that when you create a blog through your Google account a Google Reader Account is automatically created for you. Google now has your original Google Account, your new blog and the Google reader account all of which are supposed to communicate with each other seamlessly. This seamless communication is apparently not the norm. I have had to delete my Reader account, go to my Google Account and unsubscribe to all our our blogs there. I added follow gadget to my blog and am adding your blogs there so they will show on my blog and not working with the Google Dasboard tool at all. It is still not working 100% smoothly but much better. If you have a Google Acct. do not subscribe to the blogs here using the Google Friend option. That is what created all of my overlap

4 comments:

  1. Aha! You sorted it out! I need to experiment with this and figure it out too. Google has made SOOOO many changes of late, it's hard to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not to sure that figuring it out is the right phrase. Google has not even figured it out. Making it work sounds better. Like Facebook, Google help is only helpful if the problem you are having is posted. But look on the positive side if it all worked smoothly I would not be so knowledgeable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your blog looks great! I started out with Blogger but ended up switching to WordPress just because I like the style of it better. I was interested in Blogger because I would like to be able to link it with my Google Account (and provide the same option for my high school students). However it sounds like it's kind of tricky! I will be checking in to see how your Blogger experience goes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kelsey. I am looking forward to learning, about blogging. I am such a tech geek. Can't wait to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete